Thermal Imaging Camera For Continuous Condition and Safety Monitoring
FLIR AX8 is a thermal sensor with imaging capabilities. Combining thermal and visual cameras in a small, affordable package, the AX8 provides continuous temperature monitoring and alarming capabilities to protect critical electrical and mechanical equipment.
The AX8 helps you guard against unplanned outages, service interruptions, and equipment failure. You’ll get the benefits of continuous condition monitoring and hot spot detection without the need for periodic manual scans
Compact and easy to install, AX8 provides continuous monitoring of electrical cabinets, process and manufacturing areas, data centers, energy generation and distribution, transportation and mass transit, storage facilities and refrigeration warehouses.
- IR resolution: 80 × 60 pixel
- Image frequency: 9 Hz/30Hz
- Field of view (FOV): 48° × 37°
- Object temperature range: –10°C to +150°C (14°F to 302°F)
- Thermal sensitivity/NETD: < 0.10°C @ +30°C (+86°F) / 100 mK
- Accuracy: ±2°C (±3.6°F) or ±2% of reading (+10 to +100C@+10 to +35 amb)
- Ethernet type: 100 Mbps
- Operating temperature range: 15°C to +50°C (+5°F to +122°F)
- Alarm functions: 6 automatic alarms on any selected measurement function, Digital In, Camera temperature, time
- Alarm output: Digital Out, store image, file sending (ftp), email (SMTP), notification
Automatic analysis and alarms
With its streaming video output, the AX8 not only gives you live video of every installation, but it also provides automated alarming when pre-set temperature thresholds are exceeded as well as temperature trend analysis.
Since FLIR AX8 is Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP compliant analysis and alarm results can easily be shared to a PLC. Digital inputs/outputs are available for alarms and control of external equipment. An image masking function allows you to select only the relevant part of the image for your analysis.
Compact & Easy to install
Combining thermal and visual cameras in a small, affordable package, the AX8 measures only 54 x 25 x 95 mm, making it easy to install in space-constrained areas for uninterrupted condition monitoring of critical electrical and mechanical equipment.
Multiple video options
With AX8, you can view its thermal imagery, visible light imagery, or the two combined into FLIR’s proprietary, patent pending MSX multispectral dynamic imaging. MSX provides image detail from the visible camera embossed on the thermal image, giving you, sharper edge detail, the ability to read labels and better contextual awareness.